The United Workers Union is seeking a highly motivated Communications Officer in our national media and communications team. The role will go to the best candidate in Perth, Adelaide, Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, or Hobart.
Candidates with experience in union or related organising and campaigning will be highly regarded.
About United Workers’ Union
United Workers’ Union is a powerful member-led union whose sole purpose is to serve the collective interests of members in workplaces and communities by winning significant and long-lasting gains.
The Union is driving change by growing union membership, developing leadership amongst our members, encouraging active member participation in the union, building and enforcing standards in our sectors, and campaigning both politically and in the community.
As a union with a proudly diverse membership, we are committed to equity and inclusion; and continuing to build a union that is truly representative of the workers we cover. We strive to ensure that every member’s voice can be heard and create opportunities for participation from members with diverse backgrounds in all activities/functions of the Union. We encourage applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds and people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
- Planning, designing, and delivering high quality communications for Union members and supporters.
- Skills in communication across a range of media, social media and digital frameworks, for varied audiences, which help workers win.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and flexibly, both in a team and independently, within a dynamic environment.
- Contributing to build active and sustainable organising structures that grow the union, enable workers to take collective action, develop leaders and win.
Key Selection Criteria
A Communications Officer demonstrates:
- professional written communications,
- ability to produce, generate, edit, and design content,
- ability to convert complex concepts into visually appealing and logical forms,
- ability to develop communication material suitable for diverse worker cohorts,
- ability to develop communication tactics for an organising campaign,
- ability to design, create, monitor and promote social media content/campaigns
- experience using digital tools/strategy to help win
- ability to develop media strategy and content
- a commitment to United Workers Union values and purpose.
To perform this job, you will also be required to have or obtain and maintain:
- A valid driver’s licence; and
- Right of Entry Permits
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant, which will include:
- Salary commensurate with demonstrated skills and experience;
- 16% superannuation
- 6 weeks annual leave plus 25% leave loading
Applications close: 5pm (AEST) Wednesday 11 August 2021.
For further information about the role, please email [email protected]
How to Apply
Please submit your resume, together with a cover letter addressing the selection criteria to Julie Korlevska, Deputy Director (People, Culture and Change) to [email protected]