The Queensland Branch of the Transport Workers’ Union represents the industrial interests of workers in the General Transport, Aviation, Passenger Transport, Waste, Cash in Transit, Oil and Gas, and Local Government industries.
With a long and proud history, the union is committed to building a better future for transport workers.
The union is seeking to appoint an industrial officer for a fixed-term contract of one year with the possibility of extension.
The successful applicant will have some experience in all or some of the following areas:
- advocacy before the Fair Work Commission and/or other industrial tribunals and courts;
- the negotiation and approval of enterprise agreements;
- provision of advice and representation in relation to employment matters including awards and enterprise agreements, occupational health and safety, right of entry, disciplinary matters, redundancy and termination of employment.
Key selection criteria include:
- Tertiary qualifications in IR or Law.
- Negotiation and advocacy skills.
- Well developed communication skills.
- Commitment to trade union principles and principles of social justice and equity.
- Demonstrated time management skills.
A competitive salary package based on qualifications, skills and experience will be offered.
Applications should include a resume and letter of application addressed to the Branch Secretary. Applications close Friday 26 June 2020.
For further information about the role please contact [email protected]