The Transport Workers Union is seeking an experienced organiser based in our Queensland office.
The TWU is a federally registered union with sub-branches across Australia. The TWU represents over 70,000 men and women in Australia’s aviation, oil, waste management, gas, road transport, passenger vehicle and freight logistic industries.
With over one hundred years’ experience in conducting Australia’s passenger and freight task, the TWU has been proactive in establishing industry standards that improve the lives, income and safety of transport workers.
The TWU is seeking an experienced organiser based across the Northern Brisbane, Moreton Bay and Sunshine Coast region.
The preferred candidate should have:
- Experience in the transport sector either as a union member or delegate.
- A commitment to social justice and union values
- Knowledge of the transport sector
- Knowledge of the industrial relations sector generally
- Strong public speaking skills
- Sound negotiation skills
- Sound computer literacy
- Ability to write reports, submissions and other business correspondence
- The ability to work in a small team and independently.
The TWU offers:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 15% superannuation
- Car and phone provided
- Comprehensive training provided
Please send resumes to [email protected]