The Services Union is looking for an Industrial Officer or Senior Industrial Officer to help us meet current industrial work requirements for a maximum term of 12 months.
The Services Union is a diverse and progressive union improving the lives of workers in Local Government, Social & Community Services (SACS), Energy, Rail, Ports and Clerical & Administration.
Objectives of the Role:
To operate as a member of the Branch Servicing team to ensure that The Services Union members are given and acquire the appropriate advice, knowledge, skills, cohesion, commitment and resolve to advance and protect their economic, social, political and industrial interest by providing advice, written and verbal representation and strategies to members.
- Advising members both verbally and in writing of their rights and obligations under industrial law and industrial instruments;
- Representing members in cases before courts and Tribunals including preparation of claims, evidence and advocacy;
- Representing the union in industrial matters, for example Award matters;
- Drafting of documents including claims and applications, statements and enterprise agreements;
- Participate in enterprise bargaining negotiations and ensure compliance with the legislative regime in all aspects of the bargaining process;
- Representing members and the unions in collective and individual meetings with employers and peak bodies;
- Preparing communication for members and workers in relation to the union’s industrial activities;
- Contributing to the union’s operations;
- Researching industrial matters to ensure that members’ cases and the unions strategy is effectively utilising the industrial landscape; and
- Opportunities for Court work
Download more information about the Industrial Officer position with The Services Union.