The Queensland Teachers’ Union (QTU) is seeking an enthusiastic and organized Executive Secretary to provide high level secretariat support for a number of internal governance committees ensuring meetings are effectively coordinated, with agendas, papers and minutes delivered to quality standards.
Established in 1889, the QTU is the registered industrial organisation (or union) representing state school teachers and principals throughout Queensland.
The Union is now the professional and industrial voice of more than 48,000 teachers, principals and TAFE educators in Queensland state primary schools, secondary schools, special schools, TAFE institutes and other educational facilities.
This is a permanent full-time position, with a salary range of $80,000 to $101,000 + super + leave. The position is located in Milton, Brisbane.
Key duties of the advertised position include:
- Collating papers, reports, preparing agendas, recommendations and resolutions, and minutes for meetings
- Providing administrative support and all duties associated with supporting the decision-making bodies of the QTU.
- Maintaining the Executive Committee calendars.
- Working collaboratively with Senior Officers, Government Coordinator and other sections within the QTU
- Maintaining discretion and awareness of confidentiality requirements.
The successful applicant will meet the following essential criteria:
- Significant experience in supporting senior leaders and an in-depth understanding of meeting procedure.
- Experience in preparing meeting agendas, minutes, papers and other documentation.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills, with the ability to plan, multi-task and prioritise.
- High level of attention to detail with the ability to adapt to change.
- High level written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in programs such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Adobe.
- Ability to recommend improvements and solve problems through known experience, or by interpreting the relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
- Available to work outside of normal business hours (Monday, Friday evenings and the occasional Saturday).
How to Apply
The QTU is an inclusive workplace and encourages people of all abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, diverse cultures and backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ identities and people of all age groups and genders to apply.
To apply for this position, please submit your current resume and a cover letter (2 page maximum) outlining your suitability by addressing the selection criteria.
The successful applicant will be expected to commence as soon as possible.
All applications to be emailed to [email protected] by 10am Friday, 17 September 2021.