The Queensland Nurses and Midwives’ Union is currently seeking two experienced administrative professionals, referred to internally as Secretary to Director, Organising and Professional Services and Secretary to Director, Campaigning and Communications on a permanent full-time basis located in our Brisbane office.
The QNMU is the industrial and professional organisation for nurses and midwives working in public and private health and aged care in Queensland. The QNMU seeks to promote and defend the industrial, professional, social, political, and democratic interests of over 67,000 members. We have over 190 employees including organisers, professionals, and administrative personnel, and manage a multi-million-dollar operating budget.
In these key roles, you will be responsible for providing high level administrative and project management support to the relevant Director to ensure the functional team can operate efficiently and effectively.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:-
- Being the primary point of contact for all internal and external stakeholders on all matters pertaining to the Director;
- Diary management, scheduling of meetings, preparing agendas, planning assistance and minute taking;
- Supervising, coordinating the workflow, checking progress, resolving operational problems, monitoring the quality of the work produced by other administrative team members and providing support to other administrative team members across the team as required;
- Development and administration of ad hoc surveys using various online survey tools;
- Scoping, planning, overseeing, coordinating and reporting on team-based projects;
- Performing accurate word processing, data entry, formatting, designing documents and generating reports;
- Undertaking support activities to contribute to professional and policy work undertaken by the team;
- Providing administrative assistance for online meetings via Zoom, Microsoft Teams and other online meeting tools including managing breakout rooms and chat functions;
- Supporting the delivery of a range of communication processes and technologies (Campaigning and Communications role only);
- Maintaining accurate files through the records management system;
- Contributing to the planning, group performance and financial management of the team;
- And much more!
Working as part of a busy team, you will possess a professional demeanour with a strong work ethic and the demonstrated ability to multitask, work under pressure, meet deadlines and problem solve. Consistently displaying a collaborative and team-focused approach to your work, you will have the demonstrated ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.