The Queensland Nurses and Midwives’ Union (QNMU) is currently seeking an experienced and passionate Research and Policy Officer to join our Member and Specialist Services team on a temporary full-time basis until early September 2020.
The QNMU is the industrial and professional organisation for nurses and midwives working in public and private health and aged care in Queensland.
About the Role
In this role you will provide support to the Senior Research and Policy Officer through the provision of high-quality research and analysis to develop QNMU policy initiatives which support the QNMU’s strategic and operational objectives.
In this diverse role, your key accountabilities will see you:
- Researching and writing submissions;
- Preparing reports and briefing papers for Council review;
- Advising QNMU employees on research and policy matters;
- Providing ongoing and current information and data relevant to nursing, midwifery, industrial relations and other areas to inform QNMU submissions, policies and papers; and
- Maintaining a consistent, current framework for QNMU policy statements and submissions and coordinate regular review procedures to ensure the currency and integrity of documents.
Download more information about this QNMU Research & Policy officer position.
The QNMU seeks to promote and defend the industrial, professional, social, political and democratic interests of over 60,000 members.
We have over 160 employees including organisers, professionals and administrative personnel, and manage a multi-million-dollar operating budget.