The Queensland Council of Unions is seeking an Assistant Secretary to be primarily responsible for developing, coordinating and implementing campaigns to build power with, and to improve the lives of working Queenslanders.
The successful applicant will be second in charge at the QCU and as such will have responsibilities outside those directly related to campaigning. The position will report to the General Secretary of the QCU.
The Queensland Council of Unions (QCU) is the peak union body in Queensland. It is comprised of 26 affiliated unions, representing over 270,000 union members.
Our Mission Statement is “Leading Unions to achieve industrial, political and social justice for Queensland Workers”.
The successful applicant will have:
- excellent and demonstrated campaigning skills and experience
- significant experience in managing and mentoring people in campaign related activities
- the ability to engage with, persuade and mobilise people at a high level
- high level lobbying skills
- excellent interpersonal skills
- a demonstrated ability to move people to action in a campaigning context
- detailed knowledge of workplace and other issues affecting Queensland workers
- a thorough understanding of trade unions and a commitment to union values
- an ability to represent the Queensland Council of Unions in public forums
- good written communications skills including an ability to campaign on-line
For more about this position, download the QCU – Assistant Secretary position information statement.