- Permanent full-time position
- Proud not-for-profit organisation
- Based in Brisbane with competitive salary & benefits
About the QNMU
The Queensland Nurses and Midwives’ Union (QNMU) is the industrial and professional organisation for nurses and midwives working in public and private health and aged care in Queensland. The QNMU seeks to promote and defend the industrial, professional, social, political and democratic interests of over 58,000 members. We have over 150 employees including organisers, professionals and administrative personnel, and manage a multi-million-dollar operating budget.
About the Role
We are currently recruiting for a Member Servicing Co-Ordinator on a permanent full-time basis. In this position you will report to the Director Member and Specialist Services, and be responsible for the operation, development and success of the Member Servicing team though the co-ordination of the day to day team operations, prioritising workflow and providing direction, guidance, support and coaching to team members whilst also undertaking a leadership role in the professional work performed by the team.
In addition, you will be a content expert, providing advice and assistance to the professional and administrative staff within the Servicing team on case management matters as well as providing strategic leadership, guidance and support to the Member and Specialist team regarding resourcing, case management and reporting.
As an experienced Member Servicing Coordinator, you will have the capability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a large team. To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Nursing qualifications and experience as a nurse or midwife in health or aged care is preferred but not mandatory
- Tertiary qualifications in law, employee relations/HR or the social sciences; and qualifications or relevant experience in management would be well regarded
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with case managing client/member matters within a membership based or not for profit organisation
- Demonstrated Cost centre management skills and experience
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and supervise team members in line with best employee relations practices, to ensure the organisations objectives are met in providing quality services to members
- Demonstrated ability to enhance team functioning and problem solving through improvements to systems, processes and resource allocation
- High level analytical skills, including the ability to identify emerging trends and respond or make recommendations accordingly
- Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication skills coupled with high level interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated commitment to QNMU’s values, purpose and trade unionism in general
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member and take a collaborative approach to work
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed, establish priorities, use initiative and be proactive in raising and dealing with issues
What we Offer
You will be joining a values driven union which advocates for nurses and midwives and for those in their care, offers challenging opportunities and a supportive team environment in addition to a variety of benefits, including:-
- Attractive salary package including salary sacrifice options;
- Work/life balance with flexible working arrangements including accrued days off;
- Health and Wellness initiatives including vaccinations;
- Access to a free, confidential counselling service through our EAP provider;
- A commitment to professional development; and
- Generous leave entitlements
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter addressed to Rebecca Stoodley, Human Resources Advisor to [email protected]. Your cover letter should clearly demonstrate how you meet the “About You” section outlined in the above advertisement.
If you have any questions or would like to request an information pack, please either send an email to [email protected] or refer to our QNMU jobs page at the following link:- www.qnmu.org.au/QNMUJobs
For any questions in relation to this position, please contact Rebecca Stoodley, Human Resources Advisor on 07 3099 3251.
For further information about the QNMU, head to our website www.qnmu.org.au
“The QNMU is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent, people with a disability and people from non-English speaking backgrounds to be part of an organisation that promotes a diverse and safe workplace environment”. Selection for all vacancies is made based on merit”.
Applications close 4pm Thursday 15th November 2018.