The Finance Sector Union is people across the finance sector coming together to improve our lives. From bank tellers, to technology professionals in superannuation funds, we are a diverse union fighting to make a better finance sector, and a better society.
Our industrial capability is a critical element of how we campaign and organise. We know that the law alone is not enough, we need to organise. Our Industrial team is focused on building power with members through organising around industrial issues.
The Advocate is a key role in our Industrial team. The Advocate is oriented towards organising and building power for members.
Who You Are
- Someone who gets organising, someone who knows what it means to work with members to build power and views each member issue as an opportunity to organise;
- You know your way around industrial laws and are happy taking it up to the bosses;
- You are passionate about social justice and union values and will work hard to make a difference to members’ lives;
- A member of our industrial rights team who can work individually and as part of a team to build a fighting culture where all of our work organises our members.
- The core of our work is end to-end management of member industrial matters, from taking the initial call from a member through to conclusion of the issue (which could be in the Fair Work Commission);
- You will work with members providing accurate, practical advice on workplace issues, represent them with their employer and appear at the Fair Work Commission;
- You need to be a great communicator, able to explain complex things simply, able to talk (and write!) to anyone;
- You’ll be a resilient problem solver – our work is unpredictable, there can be big barriers, but you will need to use all of our available tools to work for great outcomes for member and never give up;
- You will have organising at the core of everything we do – every member interaction, every case, is a chance to build power for our members. You will be a core part of building an organising culture within the Industrial division.
Salary range for the Industrial Advocate can be provided on request The FSU also offers excellent working conditions including scheduled RDO’s and employer superannuation contributions of 15%.
The FSU is an equal opportunity employer.
Does this sound like the fight for you? For more information or to submit an application, send an email to [email protected]
Applications close 5pm, Monday 7 December 2020