Welcome to the Queensland Union’s Workers’ Rights & Resources page created to assist with providing information on Coronavirus, your work and your workplace health and safety.
It has been updated on 2 July to include a summary Fact Sheet about the introduction of Stage 3 COVID-19 restrictions in Queensland.
Currently Queensland Unions are joining with other Australian unions and workers calling for the federal Government to further expand and extend the JobKeeper and JobSeeker schemes.
You can sign a petition to support this move to expand and extend the package.
Your union will be able to assist with specific questions about Coronavirus and your workplace.
QCU FACT SHEETS & FAQs
This Fact Sheets page has been updated with new information about JobKeeper and JobSeeker changes from 25 September 2020.
COVID Award workplace Checklist – complete and submit this short checklist to assist you in understanding how safe your workplace is in preventing you and your workmates from contracting coronavirus (COVID-19) at work.
- JobKeeper and JobSeeker changes in force from 25 September 2020
- Stage 3 COVID restrictions in force on 3 July (updated 2 July 2020)
- Your rights to consultation on COVID-Safe workplace practices (updated 1 June 2020)
- Rules changing for cafes, restaurants and pubs (updated 1 June 2020)
- How the “four square metre rule” works (updated 1 June 2020)
- Working From Home (updated 1 June 2020)
- Intrastate Travel (updated 1 June 2020)
- FAQs on the JobKeeper Wages Subsidy Scheme
- Analysis of the JobKeeper Scheme
- FAQs for Health & Safety Reps
- WHS Toolkit for Health & Safety Reps
- WHS Guidelines for Health & Safety Reps
- WHS PowerPoint presentation on COVID-19
- Working from Home
- Advice for Workers with Health Concerns
- Advice for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workers with Health Concerns
- Your Superannuation and COVID-19
- Mental Health Contacts
These are federal government fact sheets on how the Wages Subsidy will be applied:
This link is to Services Australia concerning financial support for coronavirus affected job seekers:
This link advises of eligibility. Choose from the left hand navigation pane for the best description.
The following link is the Centrelink Payment and Service Finder. It’s a quiz that requires financial and family details to calculate how much and what services can be accessed – Job service providers help in finding a new job etc
This link provides a contact in the event that a worker contracts Coronavirus during the course of carrying out their duties at work and other info on safety at work in relation to Coronavirus
HSR Support Service Page
Workers’ Psychological Support Service
This is a link to information on workers’ rights, tools and resources for dealing with COVID-19
This explainer video is also a quick guide to the current situation.
In the first instance, people should check any entitlements contained in their enterprise agreements and also check what other policy entitlements may have recently been introduced.
Queensland Council of Unions