The AMIEU Queensland Branch is looking for an enthusiastic energetic person to join its team as an organiser to service its membership in central and north Queensland.
The position will be based in Rockhampton and involves some intra state travel.
The applicant must be extremely self-motivated and be able to work autonomously or part of the team.
- Excellent communication skills
- A sound working knowledge of the meat industry
- Able to interpret and apply Enterprise Agreement Clauses
- Self-motivated and driven to meet key performance indicators
- Have strong union values and strive for social justice
- Have sound computer literacy skills and be fluent in basic Microsoft programs
- Able to construct newsletters and journal articles
Hours in this role are not 9-5 and will require out of ordinary hours work which will also include some weekends.
The successful applicant will be covering an area from Gympie in the south to Townsville in the north with sole responsibility of the workplaces in that area.
The AMIEU is a small craft union but you will have the resources and support from a legally qualified Industrial Officer, Secretary, Assistant Secretary, and office staff in the Brisbane office.
A competitive salary with attractive employment conditions will be paid to the successful applicant.
If you are successful the position will commence in early 2021.
Address applications to Matt Journeaux (Secretary AMIEU Qld Branch) [email protected]
Applications should contain a CV and appropriate references.