The Australian Federated Union of Locomotive Employees is looking for an early career legal practitioner with experience in dispute resolution and advocacy with a focus on litigation, to run our Industrial matters in various jurisdictions, including QCAT, Fair Work Commission and the Federal Industrial courts in line with our Union’s strategic goals and priorities.
We are looking for demonstrated community and union values and someone who is able to work independently as well as part of a close knit and supportive team.
The position is for an initial 18 month contract with the potential for permanency after that.
Generous conditions will include:
- Flexible work arrangements, including potential for a four day week and some work from home;
- 15 days personal leave per year
- 15% superannuation
- We are a partial benevolent institution so there is a capacity to salary sacrifice some of your wage
- Full time wage will be between $85,000 and $92,000 depending on experience.
Key criteria for the position are:
- Demonstrated union and/or community values;
- Relevant legal and professional qualifications, e.g. open practising certificate
- Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication skills
- Relevant experience of 2 or more years in the Industrial Jurisdictions and/or litigation and dispute resolution – experience in work health and safety is advantageous but not essential;
- Ability to time manage and prioritise tasks and to work independently in a small team
Please send your CV and a short cover letter addressing the selection criteria to – [email protected]ule.org.au
Applications open on 28 September 2020 and close 16 October 2020.
We encourage women returning to work after a break and ATSI applicants.