The Finance Sector Union exists to promote, improve and protect the working conditions and entitlements of its members. This page is designed to debunk some of the myths about your Union and explain the processes to make your workplace a better place to work.
The principal activities of the union are:
- Representing members in workplace and industry wide negotiations with employers and employer organisation.
- Representing members before the Australian industrial relations commission, state industrial tribunals and other court and tribunals on matters relevant to workplace issues.
- Providing information to members about their employment and related rights and obligations.
- Lobbying state and federal government and other relevant bodies about matters of concern to members and their families in relation to employment.
Publicising to members and to the community issues of concern to members and proposals to address their concerns.
- Conducting research and other activities in order to enable the union to effectively carry out these functions.
- Providing members and their families with access to a range of services on favourable terms.