The Queensland Council of Unions (QCU) is the peak union body in Queensland with 27 affiliated unions covering around 360,000 Queensland workers.
The fundamental roles of the QCU are to:
- support and co-ordinate affiliates to improve industrial conditions and increase membership;
- be the public voice of the Queensland union movement;
- influence government and public policy at an industrial, political and social level;
- build awareness of the union movement through education, training and campaigning; and
- represent the Queensland movement statewide, nationally and internationally.